SSMC has proudly provided quality healthcare services to patients of the South Shore for over 50 years. Our practice philosophy is simply to “partner with our patients to make it easier to be healthy”.
There are a few things that we will need accomplished in order to ensure we have everything in place for your first visit:
- Contact your insurance company (if required) to notify them that you have selected a new primary care provider.
- Contact your previous provider office and request a copy of your records be sent to our office BEFORE your first visit. Your new primary provider will want to review your records ahead of time to allow for a more thorough visit.
Please mail your records to:
South Shore Medical Center
Medical Records Department
141 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
- Renew any existing prescription you may need until the time of your first appointment with us.
(Important Note: Controlled substances will not be approved until your provider has met with you, reviewed your medical record from your previous physician and reviewed all medications you are taking.)
Please bring the following items to your first visit:
- A list of all current medications from your previous primary care physician (or the bottles of all medications you are currently taking including vitamins)
- Insurance and prescription cards
- The completed Adult Health History form (pdf) or the Pediatric Health History form (pdf).
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow for parking and check-in. At registration, we will verify your insurance coverage and demographic information. We will also be collecting any co-pay associated with your insurance plan and visit.
Please continue reading to obtain helpful information about South Shore Medical Center. If you have any questions, please call us at 781-878-5200.
Thank you for choosing South Shore Medical Center! We look forward to being “partners” in your healthcare.
David Halle, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
SSMC offers a wide variety of primary care, pediatric and specialty services including laboratory and radiology within each location. Please refer to the “Specialty Services” Summary tab.
South Shore Medical Center Portal:
MyHealth is a secure web-based patient portal that allows you to access portions of your medical record, schedule appointments, and communicate with your healthcare team regarding non-urgent issues. We encourage all patients to sign up for this service. Please refer to the MyHealth tab for enrollment information.
Hours of Operation:
SSMC is open 7 days a week, 363 days a year (we are closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas). Hours of operation vary by department so please refer to the “Hours/Locations” tab.
Urgent Care is available for patients (with an SSMC primary care provider) who have an urgent need during the day, evening, weekends and most holidays. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 781-878-5200 on the day of the urgent need.
After regular office hours, patients have access to a team of medical staff who provide medical advice by phone. If necessary, our staff can consult with an on-call physician, advise you to visit the Emergency Department or schedule you for an Urgent Care Appointment the following day. You can reach us at 781-878-5200.
All of your medical information is stored in an electronic medical record that is available to any SSMC clinician at any site. We are also connected with most surrounding hospitals in our community and in Boston which allows us access to your health information wherever you go for secondary care.
Convenient Locations with Free Parking:
SSMC has two primary care offices conveniently located in Norwell and Kingston (see below) – all less than 5 minutes from Route 3. For directions, please view the “Hours/Locations” tab.
- Kingston Office, 5 Tarkiln Road, Kingston, MA 02364-1250, 781-585-2200
- Longwater Place, 143 Longwater Drive, Norwell, MA 02061, 781-878-5200
In the spirit of making the South Shore Medical Center facilities a safe place to seek care, it is our policy that no patient, visitor, volunteer or employee brings a weapon onto any of the SSMC premises at any time. Your cooperation in the very important matter is greatly appreciated.